Our Galvanizing and Sustainable Construction CPD contains information gathered as a result of the European Initiative for Galvanizing in Sustainable Construction, of which Galvanizers Association has been a major contributor.
Many independent experts have contributed to this initiative of a sustainable RIBA CPD including Prof. Tom Woolley, a well-known advocate of green and natural building. The aims of the initiative were to help architects, specifiers, engineers, developers and their clients consider how to use galvanized steel in the context of sustainable construction.
Duration of the Construction CPD: The presentation is 45 minutes long
The sustainability cpd presentation includes information on:
* Introduction to hot dip galvanizing
* The galvanizing process
* Coating characteristics and performance
* What is sustainability?
* Sustainable aspects of galvanizing: carbon footprint, recycling and durability
* The benefits of zinc and steel
* Case studies: Life Cycle Analysis
Before booking this RIBA-approved construction CPD, we recommend you have the Corrosion Protection of Steel CPD (Building CPD), so that you develop a complete understanding of the hot dip galvanizing process.
Construction CPD Key Benefits
- It is approved by RIBA and recognised by RIAI (click here for more information on our RIAI CPD), so it counts towards your annual CPD points;
- You learn about sustainable and cost-effective corrosion protection methods with a proven record through case studies and case histories;
- You learn how to specify galvanizing, which will save you time in the design process;
- It is a free presentation;
- Information packs and RIBA CPD certificates are provided;
- More, we reimburse you for lunch time refreshments.
How to book a Sustainability CPD with us
- Click the button above and fill in the form.
- A member of our team will be in touch shortly to arrange a date that suits your requirements.
- If an office visit is not possible, there is always the possibility of having an online sustainability CPD with us.